Knights learning from Industrial Animals

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Closing for upgrade...

KIAmagic.com will be going through some big changes shortly, and may experience some downtime. When it comes backup, I will be in a possition to do some exciting new things. More on that when it comes...In the meantime, be aware that I will be backing up the database later today (probably in several hours time), and that any posts made after the backup may be lost...I will of course make an announcement once the forum is fully restored, stable and ready to post in once again.

Comments

• Good luck with it all, hope it goes smoothly & KIA shant be down too long!

• Thanks.  I'll post a 10 minute warning before I actually make the backup.

• on 1176556631:
    Thanks. I'll post a 10 minute warning before I actually make the backup.
    Thanks . What r u doing? R u shifting 2 PeopleAgregator? How long r u expecting KIA 2 b down/unstable?

• on 1176561098:
    Thanks . What r u doing? R u shifting 2 PeopleAgregator? How long r u expecting KIA 2 b down/unstable?
    Initially I will be moving to a webhost that does php5 and which is much cheaper. To do that, I need to backup the forum database (I have a backup from this morning already (just in case), but I will take another final one when I am ready to act. I will move the webhosting to the new company, install the forum software again, and then restore the database from the backup file. This should mean all messages are intact. I will also need to backup any attachments seperately. There may be unstability with DNS servers updating for a couple of days, but that will settle down.Stuff like PeopleAggregator will follow once the forum is backup. Getting the forum back up will be a priority.

• Okay folks!  10 Minute Warning! 
    I will be making a final backup sometime after 10 minutes from now. Any posts made after 10 minutes from this one are in danger of not being transfered to the new forum, and therefore lost. The more time after 10 minutes you post, the greater the danger!I probably won't actually take the forum down until tomorrow, but I won't back it up again after tonight...

• on 1176570145:
    Okay folks! 10 Minute Warning!
    I will be making a final backup sometime after 10 minutes from now. Any posts made after 10 minutes from this one are in danger of not being transfered to the new forum, and therefore lost. The more time after 10 minutes you post, the greater the danger!I probably won't actually take the forum down until tomorrow, but I won't back it up again after tonight...
    Mmmmm...cheaper sounds good... Also c.o.m.p.l.i.c.a.t.ed wery complicated...Good luck, over & out ...Bye bye 4 now

• on 1176570145:
    Okay folks! 10 Minute Warning!
    Mmmmm...cheaper sounds good... Also c.o.m.p.l.i.c.a.t.ed wery complicated...Good luck, over & out ...Bye bye 4 now

• Back online!Lost the old forum themes in the upgrade due to them not being compatible with the new version of SMF. Nevermind, this Paradox Red theme will do as a temporary measure until I can restore our custom themes...

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler