Killer Izanami on Apples

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Free mind, free world?

Then I look at my own, sometimes there was a strange feeling then I was not so strong using alcohol and other shit. But it comes back - normaly in my own 4 walls I have often the feeling "the room is killing me", It was the felling to be alone, to be not loved and other strang stuff.... but it comes back, more and more - the return of the normal life.I think the free mind makes a free world, even as a hostage (sounds hard) it could be a free mind and could save us from stange situations. At the moment I am still coming back, and in the past I was here, too - now I will going forward to return with my old strange and with another mind, because I have saw lot of situations, I thougth a lot about the world and my own and I am a little bit older as yesterday.So what do you think about the "thing" with the free mind in a free world, even then the world is not free but our mind?(and I am still sorry for my bad english, it is long ago since I have wrote more english then I have needet at school)

Comments

• Freedom is a tricky subject to tackle, and I think 'freedom' of mind (ie Freedom of belief and freedom of speech), which are supposedly the cornerstones of a 'free' society are only the first step in the road away from tyranny.  They do not in and of themselves guarantee a free society, as not all thoughts promote freedom.  Indeed, the vast majority of ideas dominating western culture are in themselves a promotion of various subtle and not so subtle forms of tyranny, especially tyranny of the body.  Tyranny of the individual mind over the body, tyranny of societial laws over the individuals body and so on.  In other words, it is in the body that societal tyranny still exists, including expectations of how we behave and treat our own bodies.There is a tendency, if one leaves the 'straight and narrow' of societal expectation then one must take on board all of the characteristics expected of the 'rebel'. One of the characteristics ascribed to the rebel is a complete contempt and disregard for looking after and honoring of ones body. Thus an excess of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, promiscuity, bad hygiene, lack of sleep all come together in a lethal cocktail designed to destroy the rebel from the inside out.In other words, authoritarian society loves rebels, because rebelion comes as a convenient part of its own pre-packaged wolrdview, and as long as the rebel conforms to the self destructive behaviour expected of a rebel, they are loved and expected by authoritarian society. They help weed out and cause the self destruction of other would be rebels.The deeper rebelion, the 'true' rebelion if you will, comes when one no longer conforms to either 'conformity' nor 'rebelion' but rather reaches a state of harmony and integrity with ones own individual sovereignty. This means acting neither in conformity or reaction but rather uniting body and mind (one of the secret meanings of the hermaphrodite, harmony between 'mind' (Hermes) and 'body' (Aphrodite)).

• Re-awakening this thread, sorry but:Freedom???Freedom to ast with a free mind in a free world - does that exempt one from the freedom to accept the concequences of their acctions? e.g. if I kill someone today, then I have to accept the victim's brother takeing vengance by killing me?True freedom? If I'm truely free... then why am I Nate? am I not free to be Bob?

• on 1179854952:
    Re-awakening this thread, sorry but:Freedom???Freedom to ast with a free mind in a free world - does that exempt one from the freedom to accept the concequences of their acctions? e.g. if I kill someone today, then I have to accept the victim's brother takeing vengance by killing me?True freedom? If I'm truely free... then why am I Nate? am I not free to be Bob?
    Quite. This is why these days I prefer the concept of 'Individual Sovereignty' to freedom. Freedom itself is a concept with too many contradictions and lack of boundaries. Individual Sovereignty however, implies a definite boundary, and a reasonable one. Taking the life of another is definitely crossing the boundary of their sovereignty, unless they gave you consent to kill them, and thus one forfeits their own sovereignty.As for changing your name. Thats easy, you have both the freedom and the sovereignty to do that if it is your will...

• on 1179854952:
    Re-awakening this thread, sorry but:Freedom???Freedom to ast with a free mind in a free world - does that exempt one from the freedom to accept the concequences of their acctions? e.g. if I kill someone today, then I have to accept the victim's brother takeing vengance by killing me?True freedom? If I'm truely free... then why am I Nate? am I not free to be Bob?
    You r Nate because of your unique DNA ( 23 pairs of chromosomes, a specific genertic map encoding so much specific data unique to you from physical to emotional make-up etc...Imo, You have no power to change these components whatsoever- ( Although soem magicians argue it is possible to modify omne's DNA- still waiting to meet someone who succeded!)So I would agree: There is no true Freedom- But you do have sovereignty over that uniquely encoded being- and indeed you could change your name by deedpoll!

• on 1179859352:
    Taking the life of another is definitely crossing the boundary of their sovereignty, unless they gave you consent to kill them, and thus one forfeits their own sovereignty.
    Hmm, that statement looks a little ambiguous. What I mean be that of course is that those who violate the sovereignty of others have forfeit their own sovereignty. Or perhaps another way of saying it is that sovereignty is a mutual pact between those that agree to respect it in each other. Those that do not enter into such a pact are not bound or protected by it. Unfortunately the latter currently outnumber and outpower the former, which is why we have tyranny. Once the former outnumber and outpower the latter however, we shall have liberty, and a society where the violation of sovereignty is no longer a viable route to power or success.

• interesting...What are your views on ethics and morals?

• on 1179986181:
    interesting...What are your views on ethics and morals?
    Boy! Would I just love to know the answer to that question!

• In imaginary worlds where the best defence is no offence at all pigs will fly and lams will lie down with wolves... and then eden will rise up andl eat itself (eat and be eaten) , you may change the nature of politics but not that of the humanviolence is the perpetual prince of THIS worldand ***** is its kingnature is perfectit has no choiceand there-in is is beautyugly - extacy

• on 1179986181:
    interesting...What are your views on ethics and morals?
    In the sense of meta-ethics I tend towards the viewpoint of the non-realists. Which is to say that I don't believe ethics really exist in any absolute sense but rather that they are derived and shaped by the individuals personal experience of the world around them, and by communication with others. Communities build ethical and moral systems either by mutual consensus, or authoritarian coercion, or some mixture of the two.Quite a lot of magical and mystical tradition involves taboo breaking and iconoclasm. In other words the stepping outside of the conventional ethical structure of the society in which the sorcerer or mystic finds themselves. In other words, to reach a state of complete amorality. A state consistent with the underlying lack of ethics in the universe in which we inhabit.However, I do not see amorality as an end in and of itself, which would perhaps be the viewpoint of those caught up in the mysticism of it. Rather I see it in the more practical light of a vantage point from which to see clearly which ethics are worth adopting.As alluded to in two previous posts on this same thread, I have adopted as my core ethic the idea of Individual Sovereignty. I recognise that it does not exist in any absolute sense, but none the less have come to the conclusion that it is an idea worth adopting and promoting. From my perspective, any action that violates the sovereignty of another is unethical, except in the case where the action is the minimum or less than the violation required to prevent the other from violating your own or another unconsenting party's sovereignty. I acknowledge that the minimum violation required is a grey area, as it is not easy to judge what the minimum might be in a matter of urgency. But I still think it is worth stating that way because as close to the minimum required should be the goal.If anyone can think of an ethical situation that is not covered by this let me know, and I'll have a think about it.

• There's your freedom: Live and let live. That's it, the whole freedom, in 4 words.

• on 1186531130:
    There's your freedom: Live and let live. That's it, the whole freedom, in 4 words.
    Merlin? Would you be kind enow to help me refrsh my memeory? I seem to recall more words after the phrase you used.....~Live and let live or let go" Ta, Feather -<<<<<+

• I can't seem to recall the "or let go" part actually even searching for the whole phrase as you used it on google, couldn't find a thing. but what does it matter? Same thing

• on 1187222521:
    I can't seem to recall the "or let go" part actually even searching for the whole phrase as you used it on google, couldn't find a thing. but what does it matter? Same thing
    Ahhh, I did fiind it. It is a line from the song " Rose Garden" by Suzanne Prentice . As well, it is a documentary regarding the right to die. Live and Let Go: an American Death http://www.liveandletgo.com/about_film.htm

• on 1187222521:
    I can't seem to recall the "or let go" part actually even searching for the whole phrase as you used it on google, couldn't find a thing. but what does it matter? Same thing
    Ahhh, I did fiind it. It is a line from the song " Rose Garden" by Suzanne Prentice . As well, it is a documentary regarding the right to die. Live and Let Go: an American Death http://www.liveandletgo.com/about_film.htm

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler