Knights teaching Icky Adepts

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

laws determining results in magic?

Hello!Hey, it's a post about magic!!! Well, recently I worked a liot with the "Tuning Into Probabilities" technique I have described in our Wiki. But the problems I wanna write about would be there for sigil magic as well, I think. With my technique I often get immediate and astonishing results. What I wish for does often 'literally' happen. However, there seem to be certain wishes where I cannot get a success at all. It seems to depend on the topic of the wish if I get results or not, as if I was magically disabled to improve certain parts of my life. A few days ago I have deliberatly tried this technique wishing for something that I actually didn't care about at all, something I was entirely neutral about, that meant nothing to me, and I got a 100% hit. Other things I wish for that would mean a lot of fun to me if they would happen just don't work out. Is it that the more something means to you the harder it is to get it with magic? Is this anyone's experience around?I thought about if there are subconscious beliefs influencing where I get results and where I don't. Well, then I'd have to examine those and somehow change them. But I often had the impression that the changes occuring after you change beliefs are very inert, that it takes a lot of time for changed beliefs to get an influence. I'll see if I can get into that again, anyway.Or do I just have to be more patient? That's another thing I wanted to ask you about. Did you ever have the same impression I had, that spells tend to work out after certain amounts of time? My impression is that a spell works either instantly, after about two hours, after three days, after three weeks, after two to three months or after half a year or longer, that these are the amounts of time a spell needs to work. Do you get what I mean? None of my spells has ever had a result after one week, for example.I hope this will be a matter some of you might want to discuss. Eventually it's a magic forum!Greetings,Zeitl0ch

Comments

• I have thought about this, and have come to the conclusion that magic can't get you everything.  Not unless you make the right wish.  Suppose for example you have developed certain habits and dress sense, and even manner of communication that prevent you from projecting any kind of sexual persona, perhaps even to the extent of appearing sexually repulsive.  No amount of wishing for sex in such a case will gain a result unless you are awakened to the behaviour patterns in yourself and are able to address them.Sometimes casting a spell is wishing for something from 'out there' when really the solution lies within.

• on 1185611609:
    Hello!Hey, it's a post about magic!!! Well, recently I worked a liot with the "Tuning Into Probabilities" technique I have described in our Wiki. But the problems I wanna write about would be there for sigil magic as well, I think. With my technique I often get immediate and astonishing results. What I wish for does often 'literally' happen. However, there seem to be certain wishes where I cannot get a success at all. It seems to depend on the topic of the wish if I get results or not, as if I was magically disabled to improve certain parts of my life. A few days ago I have deliberatly tried this technique wishing for something that I actually didn't care about at all, something I was entirely neutral about, that meant nothing to me, and I got a 100% hit. Other things I wish for that would mean a lot of fun to me if they would happen just don't work out. Is it that the more something means to you the harder it is to get it with magic? Is this anyone's experience around?
    It could be a case of "Lust of Result". Perhaps you have some kind of inner conflict, where some parts of you want the desire to manifest, while others are afraid of change, and so preventing the success of your spell. I have had this experience with my experiments in sigil magic over the years.
    I thought about if there are subconscious beliefs influencing where I get results and where I don't. Well, then I'd have to examine those and somehow change them. But I often had the impression that the changes occuring after you change beliefs are very inert, that it takes a lot of time for changed beliefs to get an influence. I'll see if I can get into that again, anyway.
    A lack of success in a certain area, with or without the aid of magic, is probably a cue for some kind of self-examination. Perhaps any magical work, if necessary, could be directed on yourself instead of the world around you.
    Or do I just have to be more patient? That's another thing I wanted to ask you about. Did you ever have the same impression I had, that spells tend to work out after certain amounts of time?
    Personally, no. My sigil workings have all taken different times to manifest, ranging from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks. I may have even had results manifest a couple of months after, but just failed to recognise it because the ritual happened so long ago. I think it depends on the circumstances, as well as your personality. Some of this could be a case of being in the right place at the right time.

• Like Anton, I am thinking about this, too. I have re-read parts of "The Nature Of Personal Reality" by Jane Roberts, one of her Seth books (which really go very good with chaos magic, especially the basics of chaos magic). In the beginning it's stated that you can really change everything by changing your beliefs. But in chapter 15 I found an interesting reduction to that. To simplify it for people who are not familiar with those Seth concepts: it is said, that you sometimes have reasons to subconsciously choose something which might seem bad for you, that you really want to experience things like this, sometimes as a challenge to develop certain qualities. When I think back this makes sense when it comes to the chronic disease I once had, that I have later overcome. So maybe it's a good decision to speed up a development that is provoked by a certain hindrance in your life. Maybe changing habits, like Anton suggested, should accompany that. Sometimes we are just a bit stupid about our habits, though, which makes it all (seem) harder. I'd obviously need patience and a feeling for timing, then. But I feel like changing a few things in my life anyway or like welcoming a change. I presently really feel in a state that I enjoy much, sometimes. There's really something new coming. From that perspective it doesn't even matter that much if I get the things I wish for or not. No matter what, it is good for something. Actually it is weird because none of my favourite paradigms, neither chaos magic, nor the Seth stuff, nor existentialism should make me fatalistic. But it doesn't feel that bad, to see it that way. I'll see if I might even get to different conclusions.GreetingsZeitl0ch

• Hm, well!I didn't let go of certain wishes and jsut thought about what techniques were most effective in my life. I found that the "pinning sigils to the wall and just getting used to them" was a very effective technique. I had just not thought about it very much because it had taken so long for some of the spells in question to work. But I remembered that this technique worked very, very well for bigger changes in my life, when I did it years ago. So I used that one again with a few sigils and now I am really getting results. It all needed patience. And my subconscious magic is taking a slightly adventurous, but not "dangerous" course. I get to things in somehow indirect ways and rather step by step. It needed a few (really just a few little) changes in my life to make some things happen, but I didn't have to make a big decision to make the changes - no the changes just happend by themselves. But I see my work with my "Tuning Into Probabilities" technique as preparatory work that had some effect on - guess! - the probabilities. And as I said, I also had some astonishing direct results with it. I really feel I am getting better at magic over the years. Although the very first magic I worked 11 years ago was something I have never quite achieved again, a direct hit from deep meditation. In some way that was real "magic of the empty hand", on the other hand it needed a very deep meditative state that I don't need anymore nowadays, but then again I still need some little tricks. On the other hand the "magic of the empty hand" ideal is not necessarily where I wanna go. Might Uri Geller be an example of that ideal? Or there was some female russian medium whose name I forgot who got very close to personifying this ideal. She could move about every object by sheer will.I might open another thread on that topic. I am interested in what some of you think about that.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

• perhaps you haven't got the perfect balance as its something you really want, then you'll desire to much as you really want it to happen and so will it too strongly, therefore everything would be tipped out of balance.

• on 1194515994:
    perhaps you haven't got the perfect balance as its something you really want, then you'll desire to much as you really want it to happen and so will it too strongly, therefore everything would be tipped out of balance.
    Or perhaps things are too perfectly balanced. Sometimes you have to knock things out of balance to cause change. Balance is often results in too much stability.

• hmmm, perhaps.

• on 1185735678:
    I have thought about this, and have come to the conclusion that magic can't get you everything. Not unless you make the right wish. Suppose for example you have developed certain habits and dress sense, and even manner of communication that prevent you from projecting any kind of sexual persona, perhaps even to the extent of appearing sexually repulsive. No amount of wishing for sex in such a case will gain a result unless you are awakened to the behaviour patterns in yourself and are able to address them.Sometimes casting a spell is wishing for something from 'out there' when really the solution lies within.
    I'd like to see magic stop pathogens, or chemical and nuclear weapons... Then I'll feel I have some real power I think that working with yourself, though not glamourous to others, is the best work you can do. Change the initial conditions, work with the material at hand. A positive spin on Machiavelli. Just my advice.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler