Kommand making Inebriated Abominations

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can a book alone be mighty?

Uhm well. This seems silly and superstitious even to me, but the book "Introduction to Zen Buddhism" by D. T. Suzuki seems to be able to change my life. When I have read it first, the best time of my life followed. I have not related that to that book. But now last week I just took the book again and read around a little in it, not more than that, not even meditated thoroughly on the koans in it, and the greatest results are coming up. Additionally it is also a very good introduction to Zen I can fully recommend for its contents. Would anyone care to read it and try if something similar happens in his life? Just for comparison?

Comments

• I can certainly attest that I have experienced a certain power in some books. I would say the Paradoxical Emblems (aka Paradoxa Emblemata) is one such book. I haven't read the one you are talking about, but recently did some workings with Japanese Tantric Buddhism and can certainly attest to power in Buddhist rituals, so it wouldn't surprise me if some the books may also contain their own spirit...

• I can certainly attest that I have experienced a certain power in some books. I would say the Paradoxical Emblems (aka Paradoxa Emblemata) is one such book. I haven't read the one you are talking about, but recently did some workings with Japanese Tantric Buddhism and can certainly attest to power in Buddhist rituals, so it wouldn't surprise me if some the books may also contain their own spirit...

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler