Kakistocratic Ivanoma Anarchy

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

To the young ones!

Maybe this has shown already in other posts of the last months: I have come to look back more, identifying long term effects of magic. I wonder are any of the lurkers which seem to be around interested youngsters, who are merely starting it all? I feel like saying some things clearly to those, if they read it... The development that drew me to magic started effectively with 16, I was 17 when I produced a first deliberate result. Now I am 30. My life is not perfect. But with 16, life seemed unbearable to me. Now, life has got a strong appeal to me, or rather it has a charm, or rather it's a lot of fun. Some major wishes I had when I was 16 are fulfilled by now and stay fulfilled, some were not. There were several instances of little fun things happening which I had wished for, too. There was more than one crisis on the path - I can call it a path by now, there's a path-structure to it. C.G. Jung tells you openly there can be a crisis or several on the path he suggested, the Golden Dawn doesn't deny there can be such things on their suggested path. I have been learning all the time, in fact I keep learning and am happy about it. Many questions I had with 16 were answered, so that I know. And even that fear of death thingy, you know? So it's worth it, I would say. Any advice I could give? I could write very long reading lists with the result, that you check out some of the books I recommend, and they don't illuminate you the way they illuminated me, because it's all different to you. Finding the way is part of the way, it changes you to the better, you'll see. If you still urgently want me to pin down advice I say the following, expecting that contradictory advice from somebody else could even work in some cases: Meditate! Don't be narrow-minded! Search beyond what is labeled "occult" and don't give a damn what other people tell you about that! Don't show off you're into magic to everyone! You gotta be careful in this world! It could become less problematic when you're older, but for now, be careful! Have no fear!

Some here are older than me. I guess they could say something additionally. *nudge*

Comments

• Some suggested reading lists might be a good idea on the KIA wiki, but books can only teach word knowledge. To truly understand those words, you need to live them. Also, remember those words will vary in meaning between magicians, so never expect anyone else to understand the same thing when you say them. Sometimes a particular group or order may reach a kind of consensus on the meaning or definition of a word, which can lead to a false sense of security that this definition is correct. Be aware that other groups may have reached an entirely different consensus. Most conflicts in my experience arise as a result of these different definitions. But with wisdom, these conflicts can be resolved peacefully and lead to greater understanding, and possibly a new consensus.

Of course, at 35, I am only a little older than Zeitl0ch, and I know their are older members of this group whose wisdom may have surpassed mine. Nor do I think younger members would necessarily lack wisdom and insights of their own. The world continually changes and those who are 18 today may have entirely new insights and things to share than I would have understood at that age, or may be able to remind me of things I may have forgotten. No age has a monopoly on wisdom, or truth. Nor any culture.

• Well, I am even younger than you guys. I am on my 'path' since around 10 years now. I don't feel like I can advise anyone on how to do magick or live their lives. I can only say what did and didn't work for me and what risk it all involves.

If most of people you meet says not to mess with one kind of magick/power/deity it possibly means that it is worth to give it a try. If they say this about a person I would rather listen to them!

No tradition/path/technique is better than any other. It is matter of preference. One thing can work for you but not for someone else.

Don't be afraid of anything but be careful and have fun!

Overall magick works. There's no such thing as evil magick but there are stupid magicians. If you do something and it doesn't improve your live, make you happy than quit it as soon as you can and try something else.

Only thing that really count is to be happy. Never make friends with unhappy magicians. They really suck!!! Going through a hard time is one thing, but constant whinging, complaining (especially about others) is a sign of failure. A person successful at magick can take care of their affairs. Unhappy people are also rarely fun to be around.

If you feel unhappy and what I just said upset you, bear in mind that I started off being totally unhappy and my life seemed to me more of a struggle and failure for over 80% of the last 10 years. However, with time I'm gaining more insight in to who I am and what makes me happy. The effectiveness of the magick I do has increased amazingly with gaining knowledge of my inner self. I still struggle sometimes but over all I feel much happier.

It is definitely worth the effort! -

• Well, I am even younger than you guys. I am on my 'path' since around 10 years now. I don't feel like I can advise anyone on how to do magick or live their lives. I can only say what did and didn't work for me and what risk it all involves.

If most of people you meet says not to mess with one kind of magick/power/deity it possibly means that it is worth to give it a try. If they say this about a person I would rather listen to them!

No tradition/path/technique is better than any other. It is matter of preference. One thing can work for you but not for someone else.

Don't be afraid of anything but be careful and have fun!

Overall magick works. There's no such thing as evil magick but there are stupid magicians. If you do something and it doesn't improve your live, make you happy than quit it as soon as you can and try something else.

Only thing that really count is to be happy. Never make friends with unhappy magicians. They really suck!!! Going through a hard time is one thing, but constant whinging, complaining (especially about others) is a sign of failure. A person successful at magick can take care of their affairs. Unhappy people are also rarely fun to be around.

If you feel unhappy and what I just said upset you, bear in mind that I started off being totally unhappy and my life seemed to me more of a struggle and failure for over 80% of the last 10 years. However, with time I'm gaining more insight in to who I am and what makes me happy. The effectiveness of the magick I do has increased amazingly with gaining knowledge of my inner self. I still struggle sometimes but over all I feel much happier.

It is definitely worth the effort! -

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler