Kemetic Invokers indulging in Apples

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

save a broomstick, ride a wizard...

...and have flying monkeys backing you up!

Ok, but seriously....or not...

I'm living in Kauai now (pop 60K).....absolutely fabulous. I'm the brokest I've ever been (no, really...really....like almost gonna live on the beach broke), but have found my passion again. Energetically, this place is what I can only describe as 'primitive' or 'pristine,' yet those words just don't seem to give it justice. On the one hand, we have all the conveniences of the mainland (though tech seems to be less than convenient)....on the other we have a sheer primal undeveloped natural ecosystem that massive populations of sheople haven't vamped it out. I've hiked into areas where I followed pig trails as there was no *true* trail and it was quite evident NO ONE had been there for a long time. Even the Discovery Channel has admitted that the ley lines are strong here...LMAO.

So given that the energies are so potent here, I've done a lotta work to tap into that. I've also asked many locals about Kauai as an energetic force. This is a place where healers are a dime a dozen....a sort of Avalon of the Pacific. More specifically where Healers go to be healed. Considering that the last year was perhaps the worst of my life, it's only apropo that a Healer like myself has ended up here. On the other hand, it forces me to work in a spa environment...but I digress.

Given that the energies are so strong here....my paranoid conspiracy theory upbringing throw up curious glances at the Pacific Rim Missile Facility. That's right...here in paradise....overlooking one of the most spiritual beaches in Kauai...where the dead are said to leave the island....are friggin' NUKES. And a HUGE military base tapping into the energies here.Oh yeah....that missile N. Korea shot last year that "failed?" The locals can tell ya more about that.This island is under a grid that I'm just now learning about and still in awe of. Considering global relationships with said country, my 80's Cold War paranoia kinda screams sometimes.

I'm told by those who've weathered such storms, that in the event of a hurricane causing electrical outings a nuclear sub pipes in to power the island. Most areas have power available within a couple of days. Gee, after Hurricane Katrina people were S.O.L. for weeks, but on this tiny little rock in the most remote part of the Pacific gets its own private sub? Impressive.

However, I find that the general lifestyle and the tech are a good 20yrs behind. Life is simpler here....folks recognize that Mother Nature can kick your ass at any moment. Wifi isn't publicly available in the convenience most on the mainland take for granted. Barter is an active form of business. Oh oh wait...where the ONLY places you can afford to shop are Walmart and Kmart (mind you the options aren't great)......where that guy in the dirty shirt and rusted truck is a millionaire....and the coconut wireless runs faster than a T1 line...at the same time, some of the most advanced technology the military has to offer exists on this island. Tell me that you don't find it ironic that I live somewhere that is completely monitored by the military at one of THE current most important tactical support sites....in a state where the President comes from.....but in order to send a FAX or go to Starbuck's I have to drive 30 min?

Just sayin'.

Comments

• Wow, that sounds fascinating. But you can access the internet obviously. I wouldn't want to live like that myself. I am one who loves having all civilian comforts around. But it sounds absolutely exciting anyway. Where I live, there's just a small former rocket station nearby (don't know if nuke or not) which was turned into an art centre and seems to be regaining an older spiritual quality since. Seems as if they were eager to build these bases in places of power. I enjoyed your post very much. Welcome!

• Great post. Avalon huh? Do you mean our humble little island here between France and Eire? In some ways I'd love to come visit your little paradise, but right now I'm quite content with the natural beauty on my doorstep. Kernow, Exmoor, Quintocks, Dartmoor, Cheddar Gorge etc, all have a lot to offer. And we'll probably be seeing more of Scotland and Poland in the near future. And Snowdonia on our doorstep beckons.

One day I'll get round to visiting a tropical paradise of some kind. I guess I really love the fact we're spending Halloween in an autumnal environment... >

• Great post. Avalon huh? Do you mean our humble little island here between France and Eire? In some ways I'd love to come visit your little paradise, but right now I'm quite content with the natural beauty on my doorstep. Kernow, Exmoor, Quintocks, Dartmoor, Cheddar Gorge etc, all have a lot to offer. And we'll probably be seeing more of Scotland and Poland in the near future. And Snowdonia on our doorstep beckons.

One day I'll get round to visiting a tropical paradise of some kind. I guess I really love the fact we're spending Halloween in an autumnal environment... >

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler