Klowns inspiring Ithuriel Abbotts

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

So what's an Epicurean Sadist then?

Have you ever wondered? Some don't even know everyone can read the Satanic Bible. I assure you, it's cheap and available at Amazon and in some bookstores, all bookstores should be able to order it. There is a line in it where LaVey says (as I remember) : We (Satanists) are Epicurean Sadists. It's not so explicit what that means. I have never heard the term studying philosophy at a university, though of course I had heard about Epicurus. In my memory I don't always have details about all antique pholosophers present, because later ones interested me much more. But I love how good Wikipedia has become by now, and would like to refer to this page: Epicurus So you see the Epicureans pretty much didn't want to be excited, wanted absence of pain and a stability in feeling good - much more this calm steady enjoyment than highlights in pleasure. LaVey's Satanism pretty much stands for pleasure + means to protect oneself from harm with curses. These curses would then be the sadistic action only employed to keep one's own steady pleasure. And the LaVeyan attitude is quite harsh in that point, there's no arguing with anybody who treats you badly, the fact that he does means he's got already lost all your respect and can better try to escape you as quickly as possible and forever. Despite the many similarities between LaVey's and Sartre's thought this attitude is not what Sartre calls sadism, but rather a mode which he calls hatred. The Sartrean sadists would be the ones cursed by the Sartrean haters. If I can turn a cross upside down, I can turn terms upside down. So it's merely a case of being a bit stubborn in the defending of one's own pleasure. Really, don't play games with letters! SaTAnism is a different word than SaDism. Ey, youngsters, it's mind-boggling, right? But I assure you, your brain can understand it if it keeps trying.

Comments

• I kind of missed it back then for financial reasons. Boy, it's already ten years since that! But now I am listening to "Title of Record", the album by Filter, which seems a perfect artistic representation of that mindset. It's incredible how happy this album makes, given you're not allergic to heavy guitars, but I think the crowd here is mostly not.

• And again I keep being critical about Michael Aquino, even given he is more of a thinker than a child-molester. What I get to know about his philosophical viewpoints wouldn't statisfy Epicurean goals for me. It would even install a deep fear about my innermost freedom possibly being reduced. It's rather cruel to believe this freedom depends on an entity outside of yourself. I see more possible reduction of Epicurean hapiness in Aqunio's Setianism than ways of achieving and sustaining happiness. Ignorance?

• And again I keep being critical about Michael Aquino, even given he is more of a thinker than a child-molester. What I get to know about his philosophical viewpoints wouldn't statisfy Epicurean goals for me. It would even install a deep fear about my innermost freedom possibly being reduced. It's rather cruel to believe this freedom depends on an entity outside of yourself. I see more possible reduction of Epicurean hapiness in Aqunio's Setianism than ways of achieving and sustaining happiness. Ignorance?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler