Kunzite Insectivores sharing Apples

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Rauhnächte - Weird German folklore around New Year

I said I would research this and give you info, but I didn't find English resources, so much is it a Germanic lore. Briefly, the nights from Christmas Eve to January 6th are said to be magical, that knowledge of the future is possible then, that other wolrds are near, that spirits roam freely. Here I made a Google Translation of the German Wiki page about it. So it's in bad English of course now. But maybe you can make sense of it: Rauhnhte

In recent years these nights always had a weird quality to me. For practice: Just open up to it from Christmas Eve on, pay attention to what comes from the darkness. Go outside in the dark. It doesn't have to be the wilderness. The spirits like the bright places where people go about. If you have spirit contacts you might just recognize 'em on the street somewhere. The phase should usually wear off about January 6th. However it is said that some spirits tend to stay longer and have to be cast out with later exorcisms. So a little banishing around January 6th can be appropriate. I guess you'll mostly see the spirits who like you, so no problem. You don't need to forget the indulgence of the festivities however.

Comments

• Good idea. The information quoted is actually quite accurate.

• Interesting, I'll definitely have to do some sigil work. I'm already doing a Sigil ov thee Three Fluids on the 23rd, maybe something extra special will happen. I'll definitely have to do some spirit work as well. It's a good thing that I've been saving some salvia divinorum for shamanic work.

• Do you notice anything? I do. It's basically a lot like I said: one familiar spirit contact seems to be very near. But I am not sure if what I get are rather her trickster ways or if it is to be taken seriously. I also tend to wake up very early. I actually wouldn't need this experience now, but it's not much of a disturbance either.

• And it was weird, became weird. Still have to digest it. I literally saw a UFO this time. There were three lights forming a sharp triangle pointing downwards on the night sky just above a roof, pretty close. I wasn't afraid at all when I saw that. It definitely would keep a chronic paradigm going. Just that now afterwards there's silence, even boredom. Why is it you have all become quiet?

• I haven't had much to say I suppose. I've seen a UFO before. I also talked to a grey once. It wasn't that bad.

There was some odd mojo in the air the last week's nights. I could feel it.

• Yes, I have had experiences with greys too in the past, just that I was on drugs then and this time I wasn't. I don't recall anything like the medical examination stories so often told, neither the inside of a spaceship. Back then I saw some in my apartment and earlier on one on a train. I don't recall what we commincated about. I do recall offering a more nice and funny grey in character some beer and he tried and liked it. But it was on drugs, so not sure about the degree of reality of it all. Back then humans around me became very nasty and even dangerous to me around the times of the encounters. Interesting to me is that back then as well as this time I was dealing with a certain occult topic. I am just not clear about the relation it really might have with UFOs. It just coincided every time. I wonder if I can figure that out.

• Hm. As I have perceived yet, the nights to count are thirteen, from the midwinter's night on. The dreams are said to be some kind of (insert light prophecy definition here). It's not unusual to write down what has been dreamt about, some compare it with the later lunar months, others just collect these dreams as memories. In old days people believed that during this period, the wild hunt, the days and nights did neither belong to the old, nor to the new year. Hence the terminus "between the years" as commonly referred to this time.

• Hm. As I have perceived yet, the nights to count are thirteen, from the midwinter's night on. The dreams are said to be some kind of (insert light prophecy definition here). It's not unusual to write down what has been dreamt about, some compare it with the later lunar months, others just collect these dreams as memories. In old days people believed that during this period, the wild hunt, the days and nights did neither belong to the old, nor to the new year. Hence the terminus "between the years" as commonly referred to this time.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler