Kabbalists inspired by Internationalist Anti-Christs

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Memphis 3 case

I recently got familiar with the story of "Memphis 3"- guys who got sentenced in accusation for the ritualistic murder of the school children in 1993. I am sure that some of you, especially the older ones, heard the story so I will not get into more detail here. The case is shocking enough- three teenagers got accused of killing and raping the school boys during the satanic ritual even though there was no evidence suggesting that any ritual took place or that these teenagers were murderers. Even though there was no clear evidence against them, two of the suspects got sentenced for life and one of them got a death sentence. Fortunately for the case, journalists from HBO, authors of the documentary "aradise Lost" filmed the first trial which took place soon after suspects were arrested and they also made another documentary few years later. Thanks to them many people (including myself) could hear about the case.

Facts that "witch hunts" still take place nowadays or that police may do a terrible job at the crime scene are not surprising to me any more. What terrifies me the most is fact, that now -17 years later the case is still open. During this time all three prisoners tried to appeal in their cases. There was a new evidence found during this time; some of the "witnesses" admitted that their previous statements were false and even some of the victims' parents are now appealing to reopen the case. However each of these appeals got rejected (the recent ones were rejected few weeks ago in January '10). More information can be found on http://www.wm3.org/

I don't understand how this is possible. I don't see how anyone could benefit from hiding the truth about this case. Is it possible that members of so called "criminal justice" struggle with their personal pride and don't want to admit, they were wrong?

Comments

• Fuck yes.

• I have to admit that I got a bit emotional about the whole story. Maybe that's partially because my friend got recently arrested for "possession of a deadly weapon", which was a tiny pocket knife attached to his multi-tool kit. My friend cycles a lot and he uses the tools for his bike. He attached the tool kit to his flat keys (Stupid mistake...) Police stopped him for smoking cannabis, they searched him and found the knife. He was then arrested and case went to court. He didn't receive any penalty but he has a criminal record now, what doesn't make a life easier...

However in my friend's case his guilt could be argued as he actually broke the law and got punished for it. But "Memphis 3" almost certainly did nothing wrong at all. Their only fault was fact that they lived in the small town and they were very different from people around them. To prove that suspects were members of a satanic cult the "experts" listed: wearing of the black cloths and finger nails and listening to heavy metal (mostly Metallica). In case of Damien Echols (the one who got death sentence) it was emphasized that he was Wiccan and he liked Stephen King's horror books... As he was the oldest between all three of them, he got accused of being a "leader of the cult".

Fair enough, maybe back in 1990-s there were some loud cases of the Norwegian satanic murderers, so people could get a bit panicked. However a lot changed since then. Even Marilyn Manson who was known as "American Antichrist" became a Hollywood celebrity. I was convinced that the life got a bit easier in America. Looks like I was wrong... These guys already lost their youth in jail and another chance of freedom was taken away from them...

I always believed that it is not possible to give people death/life time sentence if there is any doubt towards their guilt. After all Echols is still alive now, so someone there must still consider his case...

• This really sound awful. What is the most scary to me is that there must be much more cases like this that we have never heard of. Sad.

• Henry Rollins and some other punk rock/ metal enthusiasts raised a bunch of money for them when it happened... I'm pretty sure. It might have been a different case of the exact same thing.

• There are quite a lot of cases of wrongful imprisonment, in the UK also. Sometime last year I was given a pamphlet by someone raising awareness of people in the UK who were wrongfully imprisoned and later let out after a number of years, sometimes 10, sometimes more.

It is for reasons like these that: a) I oppose the death penalty (you can never really be sure of guilt, even if the defendant confesses, one innocent executed is one too many). b) I think the whole prison system needs rethinking as its a confused mess of conflicting intentions.

As far as b is concerned prison is trying to satisfy various conflicting needs: a) Making the criminal 'pay' for their crime. b) Protecting the public from them re-offending.

These two requirements conflict, because if the requirement is to make the convict 'pay' for their crime, there can be no question of releasing them once the crime is 'paid for', which puts it odds with b. Although how one measures the crime being 'paid for' is problematic as far as I can see.

Personally I think b is the only consideration, and prison should be reserved only for those that would be a danger to others (ie likely to commit/recommit war/tyranny/genocide/murder/rape/assault etc). Anything else would not be consistent with an anarchist viewpoint as far as I can see.

• I could say that prisons are like the small cupboards in our flats which we use to store "all the mess". I am sure that all of us know the feeling when you are trying to tidy the flat/house and you end up with a pile of things you have no space for and are not sure what to do with them. Especially if you are in hurry you are very likely to hide them somewhere in the dark corners of your place, so nobody can see them.

In some way that is exactly what we do to prisoners. They are those individuals that don't fit to our society, so they are kept away, locked somewhere out of our sight. The only problem is that unlike the objects which we can take out of the cupboard and reuse, these are people who's lives are still going on in there. To me the vision of ending up in one of those places has always been the most terrible nightmare. I can't even think what it must feel like... I read some of Damien's writings- he himself describes it as life in hell with its "bright moments"... How can you expect someone to go through this and then live the normal life after leaving the prison?

I agree with Anton that very dangerous people should be kept away from public but unfortunately in this case all three guys would still be sentenced, as accused of both rape and murder...

@Jehu A.:U.:

I think you are right about metal enthusiasts raising money. Recently Ozzy Osbourne donated his autographed book to raise funds for these guys. They also have many fans who send them books and other stuff

By the way I noticed that they are called "West Memphis 3" not "Memphis 3" as these are two different places... My mistake embarassed smiley

• I visited the website again and I found out that there was a show going on tonight (actually less than hour ago) in the 48 Hours Mystery program dedicated to the case and staring Johnny Depp as a special guest I have no TV at home anyway but maybe some of you had the occasion to see it? It occurs to me that this whole story is a historical event and will probably be remembered for many years, like the witch hunts in the previous centuries. I learned as well that Johnny Depp and Damien Echols are friends with each other for years now. I always liked Johnny Depp , so I was quite pleased when I found out. I encourage everyone to visit the website http://www.wm3.org/ . It seems to be updated frequently and there is lots of information there, so I don't see the point to repeat it all here.

It is strange but somehow when I first watched the "aradise Lost" and its sequel a knew that this is one of those stories I will not forget. I have the need of some action here, hence my posts. I was considering doing some rituals as well although i am not fully decided about this. My main concern is that after spending 17 years in the prison, sudden freedom could be so shocking for these guys that it could even lead them to suicide. It is a relatively common scenario for people spending most of their life in prison that they simply can not adjust to the society and life outside prison again. Also in case of Damien ritual done to bring him "freedom" or "change" could effect in his execution as death is both change and freedom , so I am not sure...

• I visited the website again and I found out that there was a show going on tonight (actually less than hour ago) in the 48 Hours Mystery program dedicated to the case and staring Johnny Depp as a special guest I have no TV at home anyway but maybe some of you had the occasion to see it? It occurs to me that this whole story is a historical event and will probably be remembered for many years, like the witch hunts in the previous centuries. I learned as well that Johnny Depp and Damien Echols are friends with each other for years now. I always liked Johnny Depp , so I was quite pleased when I found out. I encourage everyone to visit the website http://www.wm3.org/ . It seems to be updated frequently and there is lots of information there, so I don't see the point to repeat it all here.

It is strange but somehow when I first watched the "aradise Lost" and its sequel a knew that this is one of those stories I will not forget. I have the need of some action here, hence my posts. I was considering doing some rituals as well although i am not fully decided about this. My main concern is that after spending 17 years in the prison, sudden freedom could be so shocking for these guys that it could even lead them to suicide. It is a relatively common scenario for people spending most of their life in prison that they simply can not adjust to the society and life outside prison again. Also in case of Damien ritual done to bring him "freedom" or "change" could effect in his execution as death is both change and freedom , so I am not sure...

• Just learnt that all three guys were released from the prison couple of days ago!!! it is hard to call it "justice" but it is great news all the same!:-D

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler