Knights inspired by I-Ching of the Agoraphobes

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Paul the psychic Octopus

You can read about Paul here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus

Last night I wanted to post this already and it included a rant against the so called skeptics (I mean skeptics with opinions, not doubt, that's the brain-amputated times we live in). They should finally get around to call themselves antianomalists. It's an insult to call this skepticism. Well, when I wanted to post suddenly the internet connection "went out", and it was late and too hot, so I try it a little more tame now, superstitious as one can get in such situations. No, I find Paul amazing. The most amazing thing about the soccer world cup. He predicted every Germany game and the finale correctly. That was magic in front of everyone's eyes. He made some wrong predictions in 2008. But he was very young then, I prefer to suspect that his ESP abilities were not yet fully developed at that age. And I don't live too far away from Paul. I used to go to the town where he is several times, mostly because an old friend of mine once lived there. So I could visit Paul maybe. I couldn't make anything scientifically proven there in front of him (in case any "skeptics" read this). But it could be interesting to see what intuitive impressions I get there with Paul. And why is it not suitable to call antianomalists "skeptics". Because they don't doubt. Skeptics are people who doubt and that's a very important scientific method. Antianomalists try to prove a theory - the theory that paranormal phenomena don't exist. If they'd check out modal logics for once, they'd see that it's pretty hard to prove that something doesn't exist anywhere. That's really a problem, if they want to be scientific. But who's scientific nowadays anyway? It's all about being pro this and con that and taking sides, not about finding answers for questions. It's almost worse than the middle ages. And by the way: arguing that Paul chose the flags he liked better, you forgot to explain why this was in accordance with the outcome of the game, which was what the fuzz was originally about. You didn't quite grasp what we people talk about, idiots!

Comments

• If you visit Paul sent him greetings from me! I love octopuses and firmly believe they like other animals are much more spiritual and intelligent than we people would ever expect.

• If you visit Paul sent him greetings from me! I love octopuses and firmly believe they like other animals are much more spiritual and intelligent than we people would ever expect.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler