Kore of the Intercourse teaching Age

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Alkaline Diet

Alkaline diet is a classic of alternative medicine. The premise is simple: Modern lifestyle causes us to have too many acids in the body. This is said to cause all kinds of diseases and physical problems. Alkaline diet is a way of making everything in the body less acidous and more alkaline. This is said to be healthy. So far I don't know if this really works. But I'll update you about my experiences as I will go on experimenting with it. The WHO claims it has got no effect. Many adherents worldwide swear it has got one. I don't assume that just because the theory sounds so simple and plausible at first it must work. But because I don't see that there's anything to lose, I am trying it. One thing I have in mind is that to do this is so simple, that if it really works, it would keep people from bringing much money to doctors and pharmacies. So maybe it's no wonder the WHO tries to play it down. But I am not sure. There are bascially two ways of doing this. You can either change your nutrition habits, which would be the proper diet, or you just eat normally and use certain products. You should look it up if you want to do it, basically the nutrition should consist of vegetables and fruits largely and not so much of all the other stuff. Some adherents recommend also eating proteine, which seems reasonable to me, especially like when you do some kind of work out. However there should be much less meat than anything from plants. Alcohol and caffeine should be avoided as well. You see I have got a couch potato hedonist side to my personality, so I chose the other alternative of just taking alkaline powder dissolved in water daily. There are alkaline products for this in pharmacies. So you can also do that and eat like you always do. So far I cannot report too many of the promised effects. But as I said I will update you if anything happens. For example weight loss is promised and so far I just lost a little weight, really less than I once lost with other methods. But you know I have done fasting in the past. Currently I can't do it because it doesn't work with a medication I have to take. But there are effects of the alkaline diet which were very similar to those of fasting. I can surely say that there is detoxification going on. The nice thing compared to fasting is that with an alkaline diet you can have that and still eat. But it also takes longer than with fasting. During fasting the major detoxification goes on during a few days already and with alkaline diet the major part took almost two weeks now. During detoxification you can always feel a little goofy and groggy so you you'd have that for longer than during fasting. However I had enough energy to achieve a lot during the last two weeks, which can well be less during fasting. I had more need for sleep, but that seems to normalize again now, not sure yet. And I am thirstier, I always feel like drinking water, which seems a reasonable effect, too. And most of the time I was also less hungry. I don't know how much it will be like fasting. During fasting basically detoxification comes first and then real weight loss and even healing processes come. There are stages of this. Also fasting always gave me a better condition for any spiritual practice. I don't know if this will come now, too. So I will continue to tell you how this develops. And we'll see if I end up recommending it. I thought maybe Hippi finds this interesting because she studies alternative medicine.

Comments

• Update: Yes, I needed to sleep less now. I really felt goofy and groggy a lot but now I feel really great, better than before I started this. And it seems there's more weight loss coming. Normally I have got a tendency for skin irritations. Now that seems to get a little better. It seems like some change is happening, not definitley sure yet if it will be as great as some people claim. But I feel extremely good today.

• At the moment there's no effect anymore anyhow. Maybe the WHO is right. There surely was a detoxification and everything I mentioned, but at the moment I don't see a change. I do sports again, but the effect of this is rather as usual and not enhanced. Would be too easy, right?

• I've been on a high calcium diet.

1 large can of sardines in tomato sauce each day, with 4-5 tbsp. dry summer savory, 1-3 tbsp dry oregano, maybe a slice of swiss cheese and some tabasco, nuked together and made into a dip.

This contains about 250% RDA calcium, with the Savory having the highest levels.

Calcium is good for the brain, bones and muscles.

I also drink vitamin D skim milk and calcium OJ.

• I've been on a high calcium diet.

1 large can of sardines in tomato sauce each day, with 4-5 tbsp. dry summer savory, 1-3 tbsp dry oregano, maybe a slice of swiss cheese and some tabasco, nuked together and made into a dip.

This contains about 250% RDA calcium, with the Savory having the highest levels.

Calcium is good for the brain, bones and muscles.

I also drink vitamin D skim milk and calcium OJ.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler