Kool Ishana consuming Ayahuasca

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Verdigris

Here's a rather (un?)patriotic number hot off the press, I'm curious what all of you have to say about it! BTW, in case you didn't know, the New Colossus AKA Statue of Liberty is made of copper, and verdigris (VER-deh-gree) is green copper rust (why she's green). Enjoy!

Verdigris

The New Colossus brazen stands Her torch shines for united lands From hilltops to the pulsing shore She stands beside the golden door She shines for life and liberty To set the huddled masses free But freedom isn't free for all Our ears are deafened to her call The promise on her silent lips Is just beyond our fingertips The promise that was made to last Is now a relic of the past For free and fawning are confused And backward minds are mass produced We eat our crows and humble pie And turn our backs while freedom dies The patriots among us stand Like dogs beneath their master's hand The hand that feeds and sows the seeds Rears up a microcosmic breed Of petty little drama queens And slaves of the almighty green A nauseous green upon her face She looks out on a craven race Diplomacy to dull the sting Castrated songs we eunuchs sing The Will to Power reaps its doom Aborted from its wistful womb We always want what we have not When we should use what we have got So Liberty, forsaken, rusts The story's moral reads as thus: 'Till we unmask our eyes and see Our future rots with verdigris

Comments

• Reminds me of a book I want to read at some point. 'Zenarchy' by Kerry Thornley. The sentiment apparently being that a prerequisite of anarchy is universal enlightenment. Seem remarkably similar to the conclusion of this poem...

• Reminds me of a book I want to read at some point. 'Zenarchy' by Kerry Thornley. The sentiment apparently being that a prerequisite of anarchy is universal enlightenment. Seem remarkably similar to the conclusion of this poem...

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler