Kinetic Iemanja indulging in Awareness

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

"Green Statement" by Zeitl0ch

I had begun this video last summer and in the meantime turned to many other things including temporal lazyness. But now I finally finished it. I did everything myself. Neither my guitar playing nor the video are technically perfect, but that can be seen as part of the statement. I am happy with the overall effect of the video. I hope you like it and let me know if you do.

Comments

• Well done! That is very good. I love the transitions. Whole piece including music makes me think of Burzum 'Dunkelheit' video clip. The aesthetic is especially similar.

• Well, thanks for liking it. I just checked out that clip you mention. As much as I see similarities, I think it's interesting to look at the differences. My overall intention was a different one. The atmosphere of my music piece is different, although the sound is similar and their are similarities. My video lacks anything nordic as well. I wouldn't be interested in putting something like that into one of my videos. I'd rather have it compared to sequences in "Last Days", although that film is of course technically more perfect. My video should rather hint at the Grunge direction than the Black Metal direction.

• Very nice.

In the scene with you walking down the path, I noticed that your gate shifts to the right when you walk. Then again, I'm a weird massage therapist, so those things catch my eye.

• My gate shifts to the right? That sentence confused me, cause I'm not a native English speaker. I was unsure if there was a meaning of the word "gate" I don't know. But I assume you mean what Castaneda wrote about? You know I'm a solo practicioner with a lot of knowledge just coming from reading. That would be very interesting, and interesting that you see that. Would that mean I'm totally fucked up or is it no big deal? If your answer would be very personal, you could pn me about it. But one thing I must say is that I often noticed certain distortions in the image when I moved the camera when I filmed with it. I always thought it's because it's just a very cheap camera, but the effect always looked so weird that I kind of liked it. But if you have that kind of perception, I 'd like to know, do you notice anything about the place the video begins with? the place with the little river, don't know if you can see it's a small waterfall.

• Did I never get around to posting a comment here? I liked the video, I like the kind of punky home-made vibe of the whole thing. Big budget productions often leave me feeling a little cold. This has personality and warmth. A little repetitive at times though, although that can in and of itself be a trippy effect.

I can see why it reminds Lola of that Burzam video, despite the musical differences and the cheesy rune thing the latter had going on.

Overall, very cool. Would like to see what else you've got up to musically...

• Thank you!

I am actually not much of a musician. I can play a little guitar, but never made it far, I never felt it was enough to play in a band. Once I was asked if I wanted to play in a punk band and I felt unable. That's a matter of priorities. I've put most creativity into writing and the video stuff is something I love, but it's the most work, so I haven't produced as much as I would like there. Every now and then I find myself playing something on my guitar which sounds good, and record it and put it into something, but it's rare.

• Thank you!

I am actually not much of a musician. I can play a little guitar, but never made it far, I never felt it was enough to play in a band. Once I was asked if I wanted to play in a punk band and I felt unable. That's a matter of priorities. I've put most creativity into writing and the video stuff is something I love, but it's the most work, so I haven't produced as much as I would like there. Every now and then I find myself playing something on my guitar which sounds good, and record it and put it into something, but it's rare.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler