Kleptomaniac Invokers guarding Avalon

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Liber Malorum: Children of the Apple

I've just finished reading this book and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised by the journey (or should I say 'trip'?) that the contents have taken me through. It is a collection of short stories by 23 authors (one of whom is myself so my opinion may be bias), themed on apples and anti-authoritarianism. Not surprisingly themes of Gnosticism, Serpents, Eris, Discordianism, Witchcraft etc are strong. The stories themselves vary in genre, from horror to fantasy, romance to erotica, from psychedelia to cyber punk, there is something in here for everyone. And it is all beautifully interwoven by another story by 'The Weaver' about Bernadette. It can be hard to tell sometimes whether this main story is highlighted by the other stories, or whether the other stories are 'introduced' by the main story. I highly recommend reading this book in a linear fashion as you would a novel, at least the first time. It works so well that way. Each individual story does stand up in their own right however. The quality is incredible.Looking at the list of included authors reveals why. Ramsey Dukes and Nathaniel J Harris are two of my favourite authors. Jaq D Hawkins, David Blank, Stella Damiana and Frater Kaotec are no strangers to KIA either, although sadly Jaq left the forum a year or so ago.

Blurb from Back wrote:
When Bernadette breaks into her ex-boyfriend's house to steal hislaptop, little does she realise the enormity of what she has letherself in for. Join Bernadette as she is unwittingly drawn into abizarre yet uplifting circus of sex, drugs, music, witchcraft,anarchy and apples.LIBER MALORUM is an extraordinary serpent of a journey thatweaves into the kaotic underbelly of civilisation. It spins throughthe myths and legends of an eclectic mix of 23 authors into adangerous anti-authoritarian tapestry of spell-binding proportions.This is a call-out for the tearing down of fences, beliefs andboundaries. It is an intriguing seed of disobedience planted intothe fertile soil of the strangest world: our own."Harry Potter - if Irvine Welsh had written it!" - Katherine LambertLIBER MALORUM presents original stories from Ramsey Dukes,Frater Kaotec, Nathaniel Harris, Douglas Ezzy, Indigo Niebla,Profth, Orryelle Defenestrate-Bascule, J. Elizabeth Lawrence,Ceri Buck, Henry Lauer, David Blank, PenDragon, Lilith, JetMoon, Sulien Leybourn, Gavin Andrew, Frater Carfax, AntonChanning, Caroline Foldes, Stella Damiana, DJ Lawrence andJaq D. Hawkins.With cameos from Robert Anton Wilson, Pete Carroll, Hakim Bey,Dr. Timothy Leary, William J. Murray, Donald Tyson, DelaneyCrawley and of course William Blake.Featuring artwork by Minka, Madeleine Mourron and CyberJosh."A juicy, delicious apple of a book." - Eve
I will probably write a full review later, but in the mean time, ifyou wish to check out this beautiful book, I suggest you get holdof a copy from:http://www.lulu.com/content/1144386 (hardback)orhttp://www.lulu.com/content/523315 (paperback)

Comments

• on 1197480985:
    I've just finished reading this book and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised by the journey (or should I say 'trip'?) that the contents have taken me through. It is a collection of short stories by 23 authors (one of whom is myself so my opinion may be bias), themed on apples and anti-authoritarianism. Not surprisingly themes of Gnosticism, Serpents, Eris, Discordianism, Witchcraft etc are strong. The stories themselves vary in genre, from horror to fantasy, romance to erotica, from psychedelia to cyber punk, there is something in here for everyone. And it is all beautifully interwoven by another story by 'The Weaver' about Bernadette. It can be hard to tell sometimes whether this main story is highlighted by the other stories, or whether the other stories are 'introduced' by the main story. I highly recommend reading this book in a linear fashion as you would a novel, at least the first time. It works so well that way. Each individual story does stand up in their own right however. The quality is incredible.Looking at the list of included authors reveals why. Ramsey Dukes and Nathaniel J Harris are two of my favourite authors. Jaq D Hawkins, David Blank, Stella Damiana and Frater Kaotec are no strangers to KIA either, although sadly Jaq left the forum a year or so ago.
    I can hardly wait to read it, though it is most likely going to be next summer afore I can do so. My trip to london has been put off until next end july. I am certain I can read a copy while I am there. *grin* Sounds like a great intriquing read.-<<<<<~

• on 1197480985:
    I can hardly wait to read it, though it is most likely going to be next summer afore I can do so. My trip to london has been put off until next end july. I am certain I can read a copy while I am there. *grin* Sounds like a great intriquing read.-<<<<<~

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler