Knights inspired by Iblis AIs

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Those of you into film: know Revver?

Lolita? Anton? I remember you were making films. Am I correct? Have you heard of the site revver.com ? Well, at first glance it's much like YouTube, just you might notice a certain difference in quality when surfing around. The most important difference for filmmakers is that they get paid for their videos based on ads that are put in their videos. That very thing was what attracted me. So this as maybe a tip, if you didn't know. But I've got problems with functionality there. First the site is very slow for me, many errors occur. It doesn't matter that much. What is worse is, that I try to upload something since monday night, now. Now it's thursdaqy afternoon. And that process proves to be somewhat kafkaesque. Keeping cool and being patient has often worked, so I am still trying that. You know, I get bizarre error messages. Wouldn't make sense to explain it in detail here. But if or when you're there, we can connect, like on other networks. And if or when you have experience with it, tell me if it works for you.

Comments

• Now, I've gained some experience with Revver and it is somewhat disappointing. It is hard to earn the amounts of money that some say they earn there. But worst about it all are the technical problems. There's so much technical trouble for me getting a few videos online, it's a bit annoying. They want to be so professional on Revver but in that area they plainly are not, to be honest. A friend of mine even reported that his computer crashed every time he wanted to open the Revver site. They want to be the ones who are all supermoral about copyright, want to pay filmmakers decently but it seems it's just such a small enterprise it can't catch up with YouTube in (especially technical) professionality (yet?). I like the official philosophy of Revver, though. Or is it just kidding? I have so much fun makiing vids, though, that I'll probably continue using Revver now and see if it gets better. The chance of a reward for creativity seems better than no chance. The fact that the company is directly located in Hollywood is another very attractive-seeming thingy. But honestly, and objectively I must say I cannot recommend it in the true sense of the word. If you think you might want to try it, be prepared for some disappointments. And if you'd do it for the fun of it, it might be worthwhile. So I am just a little ambiguous about it.

• Hmm. I'm guessing that when we put films online we will do so via torrents, making them available for free. Or maybe even embed them on http://alchemical.tv itself.

If we want to sell our souls and make money from our art, we will sell dvds probably, or a pay to download service. Or release by donation (ie, this film becomes available for free download for everyone once we receive £x for it). Ads are such a sucky way to make money on the net. Plus I'm sure they are irritating to the end user. Remind me of this post if I ever forget and mix my work with really irritating ads...

...thanks for the heads up though.

• Hmm. I'm guessing that when we put films online we will do so via torrents, making them available for free. Or maybe even embed them on http://alchemical.tv itself.

If we want to sell our souls and make money from our art, we will sell dvds probably, or a pay to download service. Or release by donation (ie, this film becomes available for free download for everyone once we receive £x for it). Ads are such a sucky way to make money on the net. Plus I'm sure they are irritating to the end user. Remind me of this post if I ever forget and mix my work with really irritating ads...

...thanks for the heads up though.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler