Kindred sharing Invisible Apples

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Phantom of the Paradise (film)

I can't put into words what I just saw there, so I'll give you a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_of_the_Paradise

I am a fan of the film "Zardoz" and this is the same kind of psychedelic 70s stuff, just not quite as good as "Zardoz" IMO. But you get a lot of 70s rock Satanism here. It's a stoned film. Although I am not a stoner anymore, I still love stoned aesthetics. Director is Brian De Palma and most should have seen later works of him, but then it's hard to believe he made that psychedelic blast, but he did. I guess even KISS stole their make up from this film, I think the film predates them using the make up. What you get nowadays on Marilyn Manson shows is basically all in this film already. Let me know what you think when you found a chance to see it. I got it at a library, so there is a chance. "Zardoz" is more worth the effort, but this is really one you should also watch out for.

Comments

• Ha, phantom of the paradise is pretty cool. I remember seeing it with Jaq one time...

I haven't seen Zardoz though. Will have to check that out sometime...

• Ha, phantom of the paradise is pretty cool. I remember seeing it with Jaq one time...

I haven't seen Zardoz though. Will have to check that out sometime...

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler