Kunzite Indigo Assassins

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Clockwise

I always wanted to mention this film here. It's an 80s Comedy with John Cleese. I totally dig this film. Watching this one was always an evening of damn good entertainment. I mean you can definitely see the 80s in the film, but there's something timeless about it. It's one of the pieces of art/entertainment Britain can be proud of. I mean there was Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, D.H.Lawrence, not to forget Monty Python, Spare, Crowley, Mr Bean, yes... but Clockwise is also something British to remember. I wanted to ask if you know the film. It's that some KIAists have got a relation to certain places which are important in the film. Anton! Do you know it?

Comments

• I do remember Cleese playing a head teacher trying to get to the 'University of Norwich' to give a presentation. Now I studied at the only University in the city of Norwich, which is called UEA, or the University of East Anglia, and as far as I know it doesn't actually appear in the film, so I'm not sure what the actual film location was, but the University name was made up in any case. Also another curiosity is the train station featured in the film, whereby he gets confused and ends up on the train to Plymouth (another place I have lived, and indeed where I grew up) by mistake, instead of the Norwich train. Now I don't know of a station anywhere in the UK, with the exception of Birmingham New Street that has both trains to Norwich and Plymouth, and the station in the film didn't look anything like it. Nor do I suspect that Cleese was supposed to be headmaster of a Birmingham school, although I could be remembering that wrong.

Anyway, you are right that it is a really good film. I consider it part of the post-python films, because although it isn't quite as Python as other post python films such as Jabberwocky, Eric the Viking and much of Terry Gilliams output, it seems very Cleese, and definitely in the spirit of the contributions Cleese brought to the team.

Been years since I saw this film, but I definitely remember it being rather amusing... -

• It's just a damn good comedy. I am not sure if it was the university he was going to. It was the headmaster's conference. But maybe it wasn't realistic in settings and all. It's one of those probably underestimated films. Maybe it looked normal at the time it was made. But when films get more boring, like I find during last years, Clockwise stands out as a really good comedy film. There's a relatively new TV channel in Germany, which doesn't have enough money yet to show new stuff all the time. But they have got this film and so they broadcast it every few months. That way I saw it several times now and I just love it. "Mr Stimpson?" - "Oh, is that me? I don't even know who I am and where I am." ...or at least it's similar to that in the German version.

• It's just a damn good comedy. I am not sure if it was the university he was going to. It was the headmaster's conference. But maybe it wasn't realistic in settings and all. It's one of those probably underestimated films. Maybe it looked normal at the time it was made. But when films get more boring, like I find during last years, Clockwise stands out as a really good comedy film. There's a relatively new TV channel in Germany, which doesn't have enough money yet to show new stuff all the time. But they have got this film and so they broadcast it every few months. That way I saw it several times now and I just love it. "Mr Stimpson?" - "Oh, is that me? I don't even know who I am and where I am." ...or at least it's similar to that in the German version.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler