Ketchupy Introvert Awareness

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Damned

Check out the Damned! The Damned is more than just another punk band. Friends of mine have recently introduced me to the band The Damned. One of them gave their record 'Grave Disorder' to me. I'm very fond of this band. It is just what you might have looked for. It's hard to describe what kind of music this is. Sometimes the Damned sound like a mixture of Urge Overkill and the Sisters Of Mercy. Despite the variety of influences to their music there's a distinct punk attitude in it. The vocals often sound quite gothic but all in all their music is pompous fun rock 'n roll. The Damned is just unbelievable. Maybe The Damned should be as famous as U2. Maybe there was and will be no true punk band before and after The Damned. Maybe The Damned are just blessed. If you're into punk rock and think you've heard it all check out The Damned. If you're into gothic rock and think you've heard it all chack out The Damned. And if you're into indie rock and think you've heard it all check out The Damned.

Comments

• I concur.What?s more, ex-drummer Rat Scabies is currently on a quest to find the holy grail?I saw him give a fantastic lecture at last years Fortean Times (un)Convention where he talked all about the high-weirdness of his adventures around Rennes-le-Chateau.

• Interesting. i didn't know their members had esoteric interests. But it fits. The one friend of mine who brought up our micro scale Damned hype will make a short movie this year that I'll act in. It's the third part of his grail trilogy. Very trashy humorous stuff.

• I don't know if you ever had the feeling there's something like the Santa Claus Village World Conspiracy. To me it sometimes seems that this secret society gives something to you for achievements in art or magic. Maybe that's just an example of optimistic paranoia but I am just so thankful that this is happening: The Damned play Dseldorf! Everything's perfect: I heard about it early enough, a friend of mine will make sure that I get a ticket, perhaps I'll even get the ticket cheaper, just perfect. There's a street in Dseldorf that has quite a history in punk, punks occupied houses there in the 80s and there's still the one major punk club of the town there. Just around the corner is another location called ZAKK (Centre for Arts, Communication & Culture) and The Damned are gonna play there. I guess that will be a very exciting night and I am surely gonna be there. I am gonna go with a few meanwhile rather straight edge old school guys that are friends of me ignorant beat/youngster (well, I'm 28, rather time for a subculture midlife crisis, I guess). Afterwards I'll let you know how it was. Well, I already feel THRILLED.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

• So, last night the Damned gig took place and it was wonderful. We met at half past seven in front of the ZAKK and the fans gathering there already looked quite colourful. Later I saw there were really punks of all ages and looks there and some people who just looked like general music fans. Even Andi of Die Toten Hosen (I don't know how popular they are internationally but they are Dseldorfs best selling band and friends with Bono and Wim Wenders) was there and greeted a few people my friend Albert had bought tickets for. Which is funny cause I got round to believe that everyone in Dseldorf's subculture knows somebody who knows me. We just saw two of the three support acts, the one must have been Texas Terri Bomb who played very straight punk which I think had a little grunge influence in it, the other was The Other, a German band, who resembled the Misfits somewhat and had a very funny kind of satanic live show. When The Damned started to play Albert, a 41 year old man, literally turned into a werewolf. That's the best way of describing how crazy he got. I got a bit crazy, too, although I told you I am the ignorant one who doesn't know that much of The Damned, yet. But last night they just got me. I still have the songs "iscoman" and "New Rose" in my ear. I think The Damned are brilliant songwriters, they just wrote the songs nobody else bothered to write. And I have rarely seen a band put so much fun and energy, positive energy, on stage. The fun they are is just why they can be so free in their music and outfit concerning the question what punk is and isn't. I told you they are not just punks but in another sense they are more than any other band and all the punks love them. Yes, it was like The Damned musically made love to the audience and we all were overwhelmed with power and joy. Their songs were so often putting a grin on my face. So, if you suffer from depression and The Damned are playing somewhere in your area go there! It will surely heal you and take all the pain away.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

• So, last night the Damned gig took place and it was wonderful. We met at half past seven in front of the ZAKK and the fans gathering there already looked quite colourful. Later I saw there were really punks of all ages and looks there and some people who just looked like general music fans. Even Andi of Die Toten Hosen (I don't know how popular they are internationally but they are Dseldorfs best selling band and friends with Bono and Wim Wenders) was there and greeted a few people my friend Albert had bought tickets for. Which is funny cause I got round to believe that everyone in Dseldorf's subculture knows somebody who knows me. We just saw two of the three support acts, the one must have been Texas Terri Bomb who played very straight punk which I think had a little grunge influence in it, the other was The Other, a German band, who resembled the Misfits somewhat and had a very funny kind of satanic live show. When The Damned started to play Albert, a 41 year old man, literally turned into a werewolf. That's the best way of describing how crazy he got. I got a bit crazy, too, although I told you I am the ignorant one who doesn't know that much of The Damned, yet. But last night they just got me. I still have the songs "iscoman" and "New Rose" in my ear. I think The Damned are brilliant songwriters, they just wrote the songs nobody else bothered to write. And I have rarely seen a band put so much fun and energy, positive energy, on stage. The fun they are is just why they can be so free in their music and outfit concerning the question what punk is and isn't. I told you they are not just punks but in another sense they are more than any other band and all the punks love them. Yes, it was like The Damned musically made love to the audience and we all were overwhelmed with power and joy. Their songs were so often putting a grin on my face. So, if you suffer from depression and The Damned are playing somewhere in your area go there! It will surely heal you and take all the pain away.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler