Keebler Inanna dealing Apples

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is the best Metallica record?

Hi all!Although it might not be the right time of the year for this kind of music, I mean, if subculture where you live is like subculture around here everyone's presently listening to Reggae, though I don't like Reggae much, but Ska is fine, I wanna hear your opinion on this. I guess there should be some posts coming in because I have the impression we've got some headbangers around. I'd like to hear what Metallica record you like best. Maybe your reasons for your choice would be interesting, too.Well, I'll start with my favourite and I know I am not alone with it. Although my choice is one that might be typical for someone who's a Metallica fan for more than a decade.IMHO the super best most asskicking Metallica record ever is: ...And Justice For AllThis record is a perfect blend of virtuosity and atmosphere to me. I like to call it the best in depressive psychedelics. To me it's the most existentialist record I have, it sounds realistic, nihilistic, pessimistically optimistic, demanding, sophisticated, mystical, modern, deep, liberated and engaged. It's a record that goes good with books by Albert Camus, the actual rhetorical dicoverer of a black flame. ..And Justice For All represents the consciousness or conscience of freedom in circumstances. Another great thing about this record is that after all the time since I've bought it it still sounds new. There's always something to discover on this record. It's still surprising after (I think) fourteen years of owning it. An object you could compare ...And Justice For All to would be a labyrinth, I guess.Let me add that I don't like St.Anger at all, belong to the persons who do like the Black Album and can understand everyone who says Master Of Puppets is his favourite Metallica record. Now it's your turn. Maybe you even agree, who knows? And don't stay quiet if your taste is unusual. I think it would be interesting to hear someone say, for example, Load is their best record.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

Comments

• I'm going to be boring an predictable and say my absolute favourite is Master of Puppets. I like the Black Album also, and Ride the Lightning and Kill Em All. Never actually got round to buying the 'Justice' album. I've got 'One' on 7inch and liked it for a while but ended up finding it a bit boring, so that kind of put me off buying the album it was from. Not consciously mind, just some kind of subconscious resistance ensuring I never get round to buying it.Why do I like Master of Puppets? Baring in mind I was a 16 year old headbanger when I first picked up this album as a picture disk from a second hand record store. My first reason is the very first song. Battery. That was a track to headbang to and a half! The track Master of Puppets itself is of course superb and to the point, and this is followed by the atmospheric Lovecraft inspired 'The Thing that should not be'. I could mention all the tracks as each one is a classic Metallica track in its own right, but I won't. I'll mention one more. 'Orion'. One of the best thrash instrumentals ever written, if not the best.I never bought any Metallica album that was released after the Black Album. And I don't really listen to them much any more as I moved on to bands like Ministry and Revolting Cocks for my guitar sounds and also branched away from head banging in general.

• I'm going to be boring an predictable and say my absolute favourite is Master of Puppets.  I like the Black Album also, and Ride the Lightning and Kill Em All.  Never actually got round to buying the 'Justice' album.  I've got 'One' on 7inch and liked it for a while but ended up finding it a bit boring, so that kind of put me off buying the album it was from.  Not consciously mind, just some kind of subconscious resistance ensuring I never get round to buying it.Why do I like Master of Puppets? Baring in mind I was a 16 year old headbanger when I first picked up this album as a picture disk from a second hand record store. My first reason is the very first song. Battery. That was a track to headbang to and a half! The track Master of Puppets itself is of course superb and to the point, and this is followed by the atmospheric Lovecraft inspired 'The Thing that should not be'. I could mention all the tracks as each one is a classic Metallica track in its own right, but I won't. I'll mention one more. 'Orion'. One of the best thrash instrumentals ever written, if not the best.I never bought any Metallica album that was released after the Black Album. And I don't really listen to them much any more as I moved on to bands like Ministry and Revolting Cocks for my guitar sounds and also branched away from head banging in general.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler