Knights of the Infek Androids

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 69 Eyes

I've mentioned (in another thread) that I've bought new records and I didn't only buy gypsy music. I also bought Blessed Be by The 69 Eyes. It's not their latest record but I've read that it is somehow repesentative of their sound.Well, The 69 Eyes. A good thing to describe them is the following: If the Sisters Of Mercy are about cheap thrills then The 69 Eyes are about even cheaper thrills. They actually sound a lot like the Sisters, although I heard they started out as a garage rock band. Now they are gothic. And their music is gothic ROCK, not just gothic rock. I am actually not that much of a goth (No, "I want more" ) but from time to time I need sounds like that. You know I love melancholy, I guess you know what I mean. I just often like the ideas of gothic musicians a lot but think they often don't quite make it, don't quite manage to express what it really could be. So, if i like something gothic it must be among the best in this genre. Of course that could still be a matter of debate. So I thought maybe the fact that I like The 69 Eyes might indicate quality. if it helps you, I'll tell you what I do like and don't, I like Fields Of The Nephilim, Type O Negative, sometimes I like The Cure (especially Disintegration), I like Die Einstzenden Neubauten (although I don't think they're just gothic). I don't like HIM, Evanescence, Moonspell or The Rasmus (although I don't think they're just gothic).But back to the cheap thrills: maybe you shouldn't be snobish or your snobism shouldn't be so limited as to not believe in irony anymore, for I think actually naming songs "Gothic Girl" or "Brandon Lee", as The 69 Eyes do, can be great. And I think they can afford to. It's just a matter of the quality of their music. And their music just sounds perfect to me. Maybe there's more sophisticated music *hyperventilatinghysterically?* but it's atmospheric, technically brilliant and it ROCKS! So maybe this is something for some of you.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler