Killers of the It but no Acid

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Gogol Bordello

I told you I bought new records. Doing that I also discovered a band called Gogol Bordello. Well, there's a little gypsy music hype at present. But who are these people suddenly listening to this kind of music? I'd say beatniks, you could also say punks, around here they're quite close to each other, anyway. Well, no surprise there's something called gypsy punk, too. The music of Gogol Bordello truly deserves this label. So, if you wanna hear those gypsy violins going wild in the middle of a true punk song, Gogol Bordello is your choice. This music is just so wild, that's what I love about it. And well, the whole thing has got to have a rhythm and that's often Ska or Dub in the case of Gogol Bordello but it stills sounds punk. Really weird, right? And what chaos magician has not felt that: "60 revolutions per minute, this is my regular speed"? - my favourite quote form Gogol Bordello's record Gypsy Punks Underdog World Strike. A friend of mine felt reminded of Die Einstzenden Neubauten when we were listening to Gogol Bordello, well, the singer screams a lot, yes. I somehow feel reminded of the Leningrad Cowboys and aren't they fun to listen to? It's just that Gogol Bordello is really punk at the same time. So that's another of my famous recommendations that rarely anyone replies to. You know best what they are good for.Greetings,Zeitl0ch

Comments

• I love the truly anarchic vibe and style to these records - but you should check out Les Negresses Vertes too - a wild bunch of Marseilles punks/gypsy/zoot suit wearing crazy people. their hymn to a fly Zorba la mouche is one of the all time classics on a friday night in this household! (Cramps too while we're at it!)

• I love the truly anarchic vibe and style to these records - but you should check out Les Negresses Vertes too - a wild bunch of Marseilles punks/gypsy/zoot suit wearing crazy people. their hymn to a fly Zorba la mouche is one of the all time classics on a friday night in this household! (Cramps too while we're at it!)

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler