Kommunity Iusaaset high on Acid

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Belfegore and what is remembered

About one year ago a friend of mine who's older than me and I met in Dseldorf and we ended up in a certain place where we can do what we want and still people can come in from outside and it's kind of public. We have got a video projector there and he put on old video cassettes from the 80s he had kept with music videos. Among the videos was this one:

He told me this band was from Dseldorf. I have lived there and live near Dseldorf. It's my hometown half way. Nowadays I don't find this band on Napster where I get most of my music. And I have read that the band members have got ordinary jobs today. It makes me wonder what is really remembered from the 80s. Back then surely Gothic was not what it is nowadays. The video reminds me of William Gibson a lot. There are people nowadays who make assumptions of credibility or who try to dictate it in ways which surely were not true back then. It's not that I wish the 80s back. Presently I am very happy with the latest records by "...and you will know us by the trail of dead" and "pulled apart by horses". But this video was really cool, and the music was. I just think the spirit of such things got distorted in rememberence and partly forgotten.

Comments

• The singer of belfegore, I mentioned him on the wire, he's a health practicioner nowadays, BUT he used to have several bands. One of those was Nichts (Nothing). Nichts are back on the road again and have a new record out. He plays guitar there. And for some strange reason, well there are several indirect connections in this area, he invited me to a live gig of Nichts where they'll shoot a music video. Cool, right? Why am I not sure of going there? Don't know. I probably should go. It's next friday.

• The singer of belfegore, I mentioned him on the wire, he's a health practicioner nowadays, BUT he used to have several bands. One of those was Nichts (Nothing). Nichts are back on the road again and have a new record out. He plays guitar there. And for some strange reason, well there are several indirect connections in this area, he invited me to a live gig of Nichts where they'll shoot a music video. Cool, right? Why am I not sure of going there? Don't know. I probably should go. It's next friday.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler