Killed Incestuous Acid

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The future of media ;D

After watching a bit from Dziga Vertov 'Man with a Movie camera' (1929) during a lecture at university, I had a conversation with a colleague from my year. It filled me with optimism as to the future of media, if people like they are to decide on it. We were talking about experimental cinema and they said ' I don't like this sort of thing. I'm interested in films that are fun to watch.' Truly deep understanding of the subject. I love people who have something interesting to say.

I had to share it with you guys, for a laugh.

Comments

• Well I guess making films enjoyable to watch is important in some ways, although not always the main criteria. And thankfully the future of media won't be in the hands of one current media student...

• When a film insults my intelligence it ain't fun to watch for me. And I sometimes find it fun to watch when I have to think about interpretations. Unusual aesthetics, tempo or dramatic structures are very often fun to watch to me, too. Once I wasted my time watching "No Reservations" with Catherine-Zeta Jones. To me that was no fun to watch at all, because that film does nothing more than follow the rules. So what's "fun to watch" objectively?

• When a film insults my intelligence it ain't fun to watch for me. And I sometimes find it fun to watch when I have to think about interpretations. Unusual aesthetics, tempo or dramatic structures are very often fun to watch to me, too. Once I wasted my time watching "No Reservations" with Catherine-Zeta Jones. To me that was no fun to watch at all, because that film does nothing more than follow the rules. So what's "fun to watch" objectively?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler