Kore tipsy on Insane Absinthe

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Whatsup with Introductions Thread?

Hulo...The Introductions Boards seems to have disappeared. from the Main Index..Is it me?

Comments

• on 1145471148:
    Hulo...The Introductions Boards seems to have disappeared. from the Main Index..Is it me?
    No, I am moving things about. Introductions are currently invisible to all accept 'Full Members'. No-one has yet been approved as a 'Full Member' so they are invisible. I realise that for existing introductions this poses a problem, but it is one I am working on......there is a new subforum called 'Introductions' under 'Welcome to KIA', an explanation will be posted.

• on 1145472534:
    No, I am moving things about.? Introductions are currently invisible to all accept 'Full Members'.? No-one has yet been approved as a 'Full Member' so they are invisible.? I realise that for existing introductions this poses a problem, but it is one I am working on......there is a new subforum called 'Introductions' under 'Welcome to KIA', an explanation will be posted.? ?
    Oh! Thats a bit of a Party Pooper ( especially as we were all busy posting in each others introduction...) So...Will this last long? What are you plan re: Protocole 2 become a full Member?

• on 1145472703:
    Oh! Thats a bit of a Party Pooper ( especially as we were all busy posting in each others introduction...) So...Will this last long? What are you plan re: Protocole 2 become a full Member?
    As discussed, and as KIA started out when it was first created, there are supposed to be certain minimum amounts of information each KIA member is supposed to provide in order to gain membership. This fell by the way side when the original method of keeping track of this information became an administrative nightmare. This forum now provides the means to make it an easy task once again, providing KIA doesn't expand exponentially! (In which case we will need to advance to an even better solution). Full details given in the thread explaining all this.Those who already posted introductions needn't bother reposting just yet, as I will move them all here and they can be editted to meet the requirements...

• on 1145474080:
    As discussed, and as KIA started out when it was first created, there are supposed to be certain minimum amounts of information each KIA member is supposed to provide in order to gain membership.? This fell by the way side when the original method of keeping track of this information became an administrative nightmare.? This forum now provides the means to make it an easy task once again, providing KIA doesn't expand exponentially!? (In which case we will need to advance to an even better solution).? Full details given in the thread explaining all this.Those who already posted introductions needn't bother reposting just yet, as I will move them all here and they can be editted to meet the requirements...
    Ok...I see...Now, I personally DO NOT feel comfortable disclosing my exact geographical location in a Forum introduction. dont ask why - querky, maybe, but thats ao i am...Country, yes, but exact location? Why does that matter? I may not wish to meet certain members, I may wish to keep a degree of privacy / choose whom to disclose my exact location... ESPECIALLY WHEN THE INTROS ARE IN THE PUBLIC AREA? PS ? Should the Required info be in Profile or Introductions? Would make sense to put in Profile...

• on 1145475141:
    Ok...I see...Now, I personally DO NOT feel comfortable disclosing my exact geographical location in a Forum introduction. dont ask why - querky, maybe, but thats ao i am...Country, yes, but exact location? Why does that matter? I may not wish to meet certain members, I may wish to keep a degree of privacy / choose whom to disclose my exact location... ESPECIALLY WHEN THE INTROS ARE IN THE PUBLIC AREA
    Actually, the whole point is so that I can move them to the members only area.This is the problem. To get in the members area in order to access the introductions, one needs to already be a member! To get around this problem I created the Introductions thread in the 'Public' Area. However, guests shouldn't be unable to see it. Only signed up forum members and admin should be able to see pending introductions. Once the intro is approved, it gets moved to the appropriate place in the members only area.As for revealing city, this doesn't have to be exact, just near by. This was always the whole point of the KIA group in the first place. Why it was started, to help magicians find other magicians in their locality. If everyone hides behind a cloak of secrecy this may as well just be any other occult forum because it loses its unique selling points.

• on 1145475985:
    Actually, the whole point is so that I can move them to the members only area.This is the problem.? To get in the members area in order to access the introductions, one needs to already be a member! To get around this problem I created the Introductions thread in the 'Public' Area.? However, guests shouldn't be unable to see it.? Only signed up forum members and admin should be able to see pending introductions.? Once the intro is approved, it gets moved to the appropriate place in the members only area.As for revealing city, this doesn't have to be exact, just near by.? This was always the whole point of the KIA group in the first place.? Why it was started, to help magicians find other magicians in their locality.? If everyone hides behind a cloak of secrecy this may as well just be any other occult forum because it loses its unique selling points.
    O-kay...* scratches her pretty head*. Does my intro now fulfill requirement to be moved?

• Yes, although the town thing was a bit cheeky.  You could have put Truro or something... 

• on 1145478121:
    Yes, although the town thing was a bit cheeky.? You could have put Truro or something...?
    Thank you for the fav Truro? * puke*Bit preposterous, since you name Pz in your intro...but i am so bolchy:wll always endeavour 2 find an entertaining way 2 protest when i feel my freedom is restrained ( except in BDSM scenarios, of course...)

• on 1145478121:
    Yes, although the town thing was a bit cheeky.? You could have put Truro or something...?
    Thank you for the fav Truro? * puke*Bit preposterous, since you name Pz in your intro...but i am so bolchy:wll always endeavour 2 find an entertaining way 2 protest when i feel my freedom is restrained ( except in BDSM scenarios, of course...)

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler