Klones guarding Invertibrate with Aquatic centipede

Greetings agent.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Operation Mindfuck

How do you define it? When does it become distasteful? Does it create distrust among people or enlightens the mind?

Comments

• Wikipedia definition: "A decentralized campaign of civil disobedience, activism, art movements, especially performance art and guerrilla art, culture jamming, graffiti and other vandalism, practical jokes, hoaxes, reality hacking, chaos magic, words of power, and anything else that is believed to bring about social change through disrupting paradigms and thus forcing the victim to question the parameters of one's reality tunnel". I think this is basically a more elaborate/mystical uptake of dadaism.

About a decade ago with my band we engaged heavily in mindfuck by delivering highly controversial performances. Later i continued with this during private parties by breaking social norms of behaviors (nudity and orgies) . Last year I engaged heavily in mindfuck during the Scottish independence debate. The most recent of my performances was writing a message to P. Carroll in response to his blog on emigration :-D It's fun and it makes your life more interesting...

When it becomes distasteful?- when it loses its purpose. To me the whole point of it is to make people see the world differently. If you do it for fun only you can easily lose the track of what's acceptable. With my band we crossed that line more than once. It wasn't healthy. One time we decided to serve our guests jug full of piss to drink. It was meant as a joke but they got horribly offended and frankly I would too in their place...When you start behaving like an asshole eventually you become one.

• A more spiritual vision of mindfuck is not so much based in your/ other peoples actions. It could be treated as a direct intervention of the Trickster in your life. Trickster in this case could be considered as an ancient force present within the universe or inside your mind- depending on the paradigm you work with. Synchronicities are no more than minor mindfucks sent by the universe/mind to expand your reality tunnel. Highly traumatic experiences could also be interpreted as a work of trickster. Remember that a trickster can be pretty cruel. His/her main weapon is humour. If you can laugh about it, you've learned your lesson. If not- perhaps there is more to learn

• Ok- just to make it clear: actual laughter might be a step too far if it was really tragic. Perhaps a little smile would suffice. The world is a wicked bitch sometimes... There is a black humour in this...

• I've been thinking about how Operation Mindfuck is an inspiration for the DKMU Assault on Reality... http://disinfo.com/2013/07/dkmus-assault-on-reality-and-the-ellis-sigil/

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler